Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 July 2010 10:11
Dr. Mitesh Badiani BDS DPDS
Mitesh has been the Principal of both Ashburton and Plymouth practices for over 14 years. In the last year he has acquired practices in Bovey Tracey, Totnes, Portland and Hay on Wye.
His vision was to create a patient journey which represents a high standard of care and service from the first time the patient walks into the practice right through to the treatment received in surgery and post-treatment communication. This high level of patient care has been created at the Devon Dental Centre of Excellence. Mitesh is proud of the team which has followed his ethos of putting the patient first.
He is also proud that he has assembled a team of highly experienced specialists (link to Specialists page) which enables patients to be treated ‘in-house’ rather than be referred to either Bristol or London. The Centre in Ashburton is, in fact, one of only a few practices in the Southwest that offers all types of dental specialist under one roof.
Devon Dental Centre of Excellence has become increasingly successful at providing a variety of post-graduate courses. Mitesh’s vision is that it continues to develop over the next few years and, in conjunction with Professor St John Crean, becomes an internationally recognised post-graduate learning institution.
Mitesh has also been active in supporting overseas communities. He has set up a charity hospital in Gujarat in North West India that currently treats general patients as well as provides eye surgery and dental treatment. He is also involved in setting up a charitable dental unit in Uganda.
Mitesh is a Clinical Assistant Professor for the University of Warwick as part of the post graduate implant dentistry programme.
He has a specialist interest in:
- Dental Implants (tutor for Warwick University and mentor for "Ankylos" Implant System)
- Cosmetic Dentistry (training done at Louisiana State University in New Orleans under the guidance of some of the top US cosmetic dentists)
- IV Sedation (for nervous patients)
- Hypnotherapy (for patients with a phobia of needles)
GDC No 66934 11/12/91
Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 October 2011 14:32
Dr. Linda Blakely BDS DPDS
Dr Blakely qualified at Birmingham University in 1980, and joined the practice in 1999. In 2003 she completed a 3 year Post Graduate Diploma, studying Endodontics (root fillings), crowns, bridges and dentures.
- Complex restorative cases, including full mouth reconstruction
- Removable prosthodontics (dentures), partials, complete, and implant retained
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Achieving a natural comfortable mouth for those who have lost natural teeth
Dr Blakely is very aware that many people are embarrassed by their teeth or dentures, and unaware of what is actually achievable. A loose, uncomfortable denture does not have to be endured.
International Partnership for the Study of Occlusion (IPSO)
- Stockport Dental (SDS Roy Higson). Has completed the full training programme for full mouth reconstruction (one of a dozen GDP's in the UK)
- Worked with Charlotte Stilwell, a Harley Street Specialist in Precision Engineered Dentures
- Has lectured on removable prosthetics
- British Society of Occlusal Studies (BSOS)
- International Team for Implantology (ITI)
- Besford Club. In honour of Dr John Besford, one of the UK's leading Prosthodontists for small group teaching, in advanced prosthetics
Linda Blakely is available for appointments on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
GDC No 54741 16/12/80
Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 October 2011 14:44
Dr. Andrew Pickering BDS
He was also a vocational trainer for newly qualified dentists.
- Surgical extractions
- Dental Implants
- Intra venous sedation for all treatments
- Dental ceramics, including CEREC and CAD/CAM dentistry
- Metal free dentistry
- Society for the advancement of anaesthesia in dentistry(SAAD)
Dr Pickering is in surgery Monday and Tuesdays.
Last Updated on Thursday, 24 March 2011 21:24
Dr Peter Davis BDS MFDS RCS (Eng) MClinDent (Lond) MRD RCS (Ed)
Peter Davis, originally from the Southwest, qualified in 1997 from Guys’ Hospital Dental School. He obtained his Master of Restorative Dentistry in Endodontology from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and was awarded a distinction in his Master of Clinical Dentistry in Endodontology from the University of London. He is the only Specialist Endodontist with these qualifications working in Devon and Cornwall.
- Endodontics, particularly exceptional root canal treatment using the latest technology resulting in the long term retention of the tooth
Dentist Training & Lecturing
- Postgraduate Tutor on the endodontology postgraduate program at Kings College, London
- Lectures abroad as well as UK
Memberships & Contracts
- Full registration with the General Dental Council
- British Dental Association
- Medical Protection Society
- British Endodontic Society
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Langham Study Group
- American Association of Endodontists
15 minute consultation (1 tooth) £80.00
30 minute consultation (2 teeth) £160.00
Treatment from £500.00
GDC No 73686 1/08/97
Oral Diseases & Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 July 2010 10:14
Professor StJohn Crean BDS MBBS FDSRCS FFGDP (UK) FRCS FRCS(OMFS) PhD
Specialist in Oral Diseases & Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
A practitioner of high distinction and expertise, Professor Crean offers specialist clinical skills in oral diseases, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and medicine in relation to dentistry service.
Professor Crean invites referrals to the Devon Dental Centre in Ashburton:
- Oral mucosal disease
- Atypical facial pain
- TMJ pain
- Surgical augmentation techniques to support successful dental implants
- Non-surgical facial rejuvenation techniques including Botulinum and dermal fillers
Dentist Training and Lecturing
- Professor of Medicine in Dentistry at the Peninsula Dental School
- Honorary Professor at University Cardiff Dental School
- Visiting Professor at the University of Glamorgan
- Associate Clinical Prefessor at The University of Warwick
Membership and Contracts
- Robert Bradlaw Advisor for the Faculty of Dental Surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons, England
- President British Society Oral Implantology
- British Association Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Executive Committee of CCDAS of BDA
Initial consultation fee £150.00
Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 July 2010 10:15
Dr Amelia Jerreat BDS MFDS MSc (Orth ) MOrth FOrth
As a specialist and experienced Orthodontist, Dr Jerreat gained her dentistry qualification from Bristol University in 1997 prior to undertaking her postgraduate Orthodontic training in London at the Eastman Dental Institute.
Dr Jerreat invites referrals to the Devon Dental Centre in Ashburton for:
- All aspects of adult and child Orthodontics
- Cosmetic dentistry to correct occlusal issues and also to aid any further restorative work
- The treatment of joint Orthodontic and restorative cases
- Involved in training future specialist Orthodontists
Memberships and Contracts
- Fellowship in Orthodontics in 2007 (Royal College of Edinburgh)
- Consultant Orthodontist at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Trust
Initial consultation fee £150.00
GDC No 73307 09/07/97
Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 July 2010 10:40
Dr John Butler
Dr John Butler is a highly regarded hypnotherapist with over 27 years of proven experience and over 30,000 hours of practice as a successful clinical practitioner.
He has been a hypnotherapy educator to a wide variety of groups and in 1992, wrote the first official hypnotherapy training course which he taught at the Royal College of Nursing in London.
He is an approved hypnotherapy instructor for the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners and teaches hypnosis internationally.
He is the founder of the Hypnotherapy Training Institute of Britain, and is an instructor in hypnosurgery, teaching clinical hypnosis applications to surgeons and anesthetists in a course accredited by the Royal College of Anesthetists.
Dr Butler has taught in higher education for over 15 years lecturing in medical psychology, medical neuroscience and other subjects in medical schools and other university departments. He organised the first conference with the heads and delegates of hypnotherapy schools and registers over 20 years ago to initiate the processes of standards-setting and self regulation.
His contribution to the profession was formally recognised in 2004 by an award from a national confederation of Hypnotherapists.
His work was first filmed over 10 years ago and he has since appeared in various publications, including feature articles in Time Magazine and Science Magazine. He has used hypnosis as a sole anesthetic while surgery was performed on a patient in April 2006 in a live television broadcast. He has made more than 20 television appearances as an expert in hypnotherapy with several programmes focusing on his use of hypnotherapy as an anesthetic for chronic pain and in invasive surgeries.
He is the clinical author of the popular book "Secrets of Hypnotherapy" (Pub. Dorling Kindersley)
Hypnosis is a highly effective method of gaining access to the potential of the human mind for personal development and therapeutic change. There is much clinical evidence and an increasing number of research studies that testify to its effectiveness. Modern scientific methods give clear evidence that hypnosis enables therapeutic change and can help people with a wide range of psychological, psychosomatic and behavioural problems.
Scientific studies have shown characteristic neurological changes that are achieved when hypnosis is used compared to imagination or positive thinking. Hypnotherapy has applications in all areas where mind and body interact - stress management, relief from chronic pain, hypnosurgery (using hypnosis for pain relief pre-, during and post-surgery, helping recovery), anxiety and pain control, confidence support and performance enhancement in virtually any field of human activity.