Training and Mentoring
Helping dental professionals
We regularly train and mentor both dental students and qualified dentists in specialist procedures. Lectures on specified dental techniques are also provided.
The major refurbishment and extension at the Centre has created a light and tranquil environment for dental training.
To facilitate advanced “live” surgery teaching, our clinicians use a sophisticated head-set camera system (one of only a handful in the UK) which enables post-graduate dentists to view the procedure in ‘real time’ as if they are the clinician and from the comfort of the adjacent multi-media training room. The clinician explains the procedure via an integrated communications system, which enables students to learn from both commentary and vision on a large plasma screen.
Following course completion, all delegates receive a training CD / DVD containing the cases they have viewed and learnt.
Courses held at the Centre:
- Post-graduate training for dentists
- Dental implant training for dentists
- Dental Implant Nurse Training
- Restorative dentistry training events
- Ankylos Restorative course
- CPD (Continuous Professional Development) accredited courses
- Dental Hygienist courses
- A range of other specialist dental courses