Implant Training for Dental Nurses
Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 March 2013 15:32
Presented by Dr Mitesh Badiani BDS DPDS, Emily Wells RDN DRN DSN.
Date: Friday 19th April 2013, One Day
Friday 18th October 2013, One Day
- Training Centre: Devon Dental Centre of Excellence
- Location: Ashburton, Devon
This course aims to introduce dental implantology to the experienced and inexperienced dental nurse in general practice. The aim is to provide dental nurses with the knowledge and confidence to assist and support their dentist throughout all dental procedures, in a relaxed and friendly environment. The course incorporates hands-on learning and the theoretical side of implant nursing, combined with an opportunity to watch live surgery and to see the day-to-day running of a dental implant referral centre.
The course is designed to increase and update nurses’ understanding and knowledge of implantology. Following attendance, nurses should be able to assist their dentist throughout any implant procedure with a greater knowledge and confidence, provide appropriate patient management and care, and gain a further knowledge of asepsis techniques and instrument care and sterilisation. Emily Wells is also available for any questions or queries after completion of the course.
Minimum Five hours of verifiable CPD
- Introduction, implant procedures and treatment planning
- Implant procedure preparation (asepsis technique)
- Surgical procedures, gowning up procedures
- ANKYLOS dental implant system
- Care and maintenance of equipment
- Hands-on placement of ANKYLOS implants
- Postoperative care
- Prosthetic procedures